Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Naughty and Nice, Are You a Photographer or a Critic?

Well, yet one of those days , yet one of those rants. I find that internet etiquette is seriously lacking culturally for us Singaporeans...no make that plain manners. Add short sighted(no kidding, we have the highest incidence of that in the world, but in this case I mean in terms of mindset) with little room for accomodating others. Is it something bred out of generations of success resulting in confidence of our opinions ('nope, our way is better'....sounds familiar?)

Now to the real question, why this rant...okay, really I am a member of a local internet forum on photography....I posted some photos asking for opinions and hopefully words of wisdom, what I got was scorn. It wasn't the sticking point there. A quick check of the dissenter's history shows no attempts at this particular field of photography whatsoever( and don't dare to show the world his photo page for some reason), and yet here is a person with certain fixed opinions (opinionated in other words) about something (too flat lighting, unflattering angle...hello, you have any idea what is being attempted here?). At no point was any constructive opinion made (i.e. try this angle instead...) Then I realised that in that particular section, the photos are uniformly of pretty SYTs with sweet smiles, preferably little clothes and posing sweetly etc... So where's the room for creativity and differing takes then?

This set me thinking....hey wait a minute, I seen this before. Everywhere around me in college is conceited people whom behave in the same manner! (not those whom I call friend, they are exception...) Makes me rather worried for the future survival of this nation honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


My site is worth

$13,192,728,198.
How much is yours worth?