Friday, February 10, 2006

True Love...

Strange how things hit me these days especially after I made real cynical remarks about love to a friend the day before. It happened this morning in the train. This couple got on at one of the early train stations along the line. The guy was your usual late 20s fella, T Shirt jeans and everything. The wife was again ordinary...(I said husband and wife because they both got that plain ring they use at ROM on their ring fingers...)But they were anything but ordinary to me.

What struck me at first was something weird about the guy....his right eye seems strange, sunken and not moving at all. I thought to myself Hey that's rather strange....Then it dawned on me that it was really a glass eye...The wife looked at him, looking very much in love, and gently she brushed his face under the eye to get rid of dirt and they were holding hands on the train. When it came for them to get off, the wife took out 2 farecards and they walked off onto the platform into the distance...

In all my cynicism of love, I felt the fragility of human relations. It really does come and go so quickly...When I saw the couple, I felt ridiculed by God (I'm not Christian ok...but just agnostic)...just when my cynicism gets deeper does He come along and remind me of something...something that all of us will say at some point but so frequently forgot to do so: ' In sickness and In health'. Those two people really made me think hard, cause not only did I see love in this world, but I really wonder whether I can find that love for me. For now, my cynicism has been lessened somewhat by what I saw today, and I'll never forget for quite sometime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


My site is worth

$13,192,728,198.
How much is yours worth?